Country Club Eggs—Our Christmas Breakfast!
From but not original to: Denise
**Make day before!!
Grease a 9 x 13 glass pan w/ butter.
- 1 lb pork sausage, cooked & drained
- 5 slices of bread, torn or cubed (I use 4)
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
Can add any other ingredients you like:
- 4 slices bacon, fried
- Sliced onion
- Sliced mushrooms, sautéed
2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. rubbed sage
Dash of pepper
- Butter-3 to 5 TBLS
Put bread in bottom of 9 x 13 inch buttered dish.
Top with cheese. Beat remaining ingredients together. Pour over bread mixture.
Melt butter & drizzle over top.
Cover w/ foil. Refrigerate overnight or longer.
Loosen foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. (Sometimes a little longer if I’ve added more eggs).
Stuffed Giant Shells
From: Denise Via Bonnie McCracken from our St. Louis ministry!
(I often double & freeze 1 or 2 pans!)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 1lb. ground beef (or us part Italian sausage)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (use Pampered Chef garlic press—quick!)
- 8 oz mozz. Cheese, shredded (or more!)
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs (can be bought!)
- ½ cup chopped parsley ( 1 TBL dried)
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper to taste
- 18 giant pasta shells
- 32 oz (or more) Jar Prego sauce (yummy!)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (or mixed!)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
Brown meat, onion, & garlic. Drain & cool. Stir in half of cheese, parsley, crumbs & egg. Season.
Cook shells in salted boiling water about 15 minutes or just until tender. Drain. Stuff with meat mixture.
Spread about ¼ of the sauce on bottom of the 9×13 pan. Place shells in pan. Mix wine with remaining sauce and pour over shells. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 40 minutes, depending on how cold, or till hot. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese when you serve it, if desired.
*Freezes well—I usually set out to thaw before baking.
From Denise Harlow's blog. Thank you, Denise, for sharing wonderful recipes!